The OHAUS Frontier 5000 FC5916 Multi-Pro Centrifuge is their largest capacity centrifuge is a new step forward for the Frontier line, designed with high-throughput screening at the forefront. The FC5916 is an adaptable, intuitive, and safe multi-function device designed for universal use in research, industrial, and clinical laboratories. Built with sturdy, chemical- and corrosion-resistant stainless steel housing, it features customizable functions and accessories - the device is compatible with up to 14 optional rotors - and time saving user-friendly interface.
Speed Range: 200 rpm - 16,000 rpm
Maximum Relative Centrifuge Force (xg): 26,331 g
Refrigeration Range: -4°F - 104°F (-20°C - 40°C)
Maximum Capacity (Rotor): 4 x 750 ml
Program memories: 99
Rotor Recognition Method: Auto
Running Time: Quickspin; 10 sec to 99 h 59 min 59 sec; Continous
- Compatible with up to 14 optional rotors and 75 accessories
- Capacities from microliter to 4 × 750 ml
- Improved sample processing through-put with additional rotor for blood collection tubes and standard conical tubes
- High-speed centrifugation (>10000 rpm) from 0.2 ml up to 85 ml tubes
- Temperature variable range of -20 °C to 40 °C (FC5916R)
Unique Features Include:
- Versatile Platform Offers Maximum Flexibility for a Range of Applications - Our multi-purpose centrifuges offer a high-speed centrifugation platform which can be customized to fit workflow needs using a wide variety of rotors and accessories.
- Intuitively Designed for User-Friendly Operation - The intuitive design of the centrifuges & accessories enable easy access to parameter settings, and quick rotation between applications. Features include automatic rotor recognition and backlit LCD.
- Solid Engineering Ensures Reliability and Durability - The performance of these centrifuges is propelled by German engineering, and high quality components for reliable use. Constructed of chemical-resistant stainless steel to ensure durability in lab use.
- Increased Safety With Built-in Protective Features - Frontier 5000 Series is equipped with protective features, including automatic overspeed protection, imbalance detection and self-diagnostic system to ensure reliable use and operator safety.
Includes many user-friendly features & software that allow for intuitive operation.
- Automatic rotor identification makes switching between applications extremely easy
- Simple one-hand operation enabled by the selection button/rotary knob combination _ even when wearing gloves
- Large backlit LCD display shows centrifugation settings and real-time parameters on one interface
- Program storage up to 99 runs including parameter settings and rotor types
Manufactured with high-quality components for reliable use and German engineered for high performance.
- Maintenance-free induction drive
- Thread-free rotor locking mechanism
- Pre-cooling program to quickly reach desired temperature
- Chemical and corrosion-resistant stainless steel housing ensures durability in lab environments
- Self-diagnostic program to record usage and error history for easy maintenance and to minimize downtime
Safety Features for Increased Security
Frontier 5000 Series centrifuges are equipped with protective features for redundancy in safety and reliable operation.
- Over-speed protection, immediately upon rotor insertion
- Active imbalance-detection with individual imbalance tolerances set for each rotor
- Motorized lid-locking system to protect operators from accidental injuries
- Sealed and bio-containment rotors to safeguard operators from harmful aerosols
Swing out 4x750ml ID Sealable
Angle 4x500ml ID
Angle 6 x 250 ml FB ID
Swing out 4 x 100 ml ID
Swing out 4 x 100 ml ID Sealable
Swing out 2 x 3MTP ID
Angle 6 x 85 ml RB ID Hi
Angle 6 x 85 ml RB ID
Angle 4 x 85ml RB ID Hi
Angle 10 x 50 ml FA ID
Angle 6 x 50 ml RB ID Hi
Angle 6 x 50 ml RB/FA ID
Angle 30 x 15 ml RB/FA ID
Angle 20 x 10 ml RB ID Hi
Angle 12 x 15 ml RB/FA ID
Angle 44 x 1.5 / 2.0 ml ID
Angle 30 x 1.5 / 2.0 ml ID Sealable
Angle 24 x 1.5 / 2.0 ml ID Sealable
Angle 24 x 1.5 / 2.0 ml ID
Angle 12 x 1.5 / 2.0 ml ID
Angle 64 x 0.5 ml ID
Angle 4 x 8-w PCR Strip ID
The following link provides additional information from the instruction manual or original manufacturer's brochure. Right-click to open the PDF in a new window or download it: OHAUS FC5916R Bench-model, Refrigerated Centrifuge