Measuring Range/Colour scales: Gardner Colour (ASTM D 1544, ASTM D 6166, AOCS Td 1a, MS 817 Part 10)
A 3-field instrument for visually determining the colour of petroleum oils & waxes, chemicals and edible oils & fats samples according to the Gardner scale by direct comparison with coloured glass filters.
Applications: Chemicals, Edible Oils and Fats, Petroleum Oils and Waxes
Compact, Visual Measurement System for Single Scale Measurements
Self-Contained, Includes Everything Needed to Measure the Scale
Easy-To-Use, Fast & Accurate
3-Field Viewing for Optimum Accuracy
- Accurate Determination of the Gardner Scale: The AF 228 incorporates 18 glass standards which make up the scale in a pair of discs
- Fast Determination of Colour Value: You can directly compare the sample with the colour values for quick results.
- Easy to Achieve Optimum Colour Accuracy: The advantage of a 3-section field of view is that the sample and two consecutive glasses on the colour scale are viewed simultaneously, making it easier and quicker for you to achieve the ideal colour match.
- Facilitates Tolerance Level Setting: For rapid colour grading within predetermined colour limits, the glass standards can be set to the two limiting colours so that it is easy to check that the sample is within tolerance.
- Guaranteed Constant Lighting Conditions: In the instruments, the tungsten halogen light source is colour corrected to CIE standard illuminant C*, which guarantees constant lighting conditions for colour grading.
- Compliance to Standards: Each Comparator 3000 is supplied with the correct cells for the appropriate path length determined by the standard.
Title Scale Path Length Scale Range Scale Resolution Applicable Standard
Gardner Colour (ASTM D 1544, ASTM D 6166, AOCS Td 1a, MS 817 Part 10) 10.65 mm 1 - 17 2 units ASTM D1544
Gardner Colour (ASTM D 1544, ASTM D 6166, AOCS Td 1a, MS 817 Part 10) 10.65 mm 2 - 18 2 units ASTM D1544
The following link provides additional information from the instruction manual or manufacturer's brochure. Click to open the PDF in a new window or right-click to download it: Lovibond-Tintometer AF228 Gardner Color Comparator
or copy the following into your browser address window: labequip.com/stock/pictures/n1968.pdf
Made in England.
This item ships from Sarasota, FL.