FreeZone 4.5 Liter Benchtop Freeze Dryers are designed for lyophilizing light to moderate sample loads. The compact design is ideal for labs with limited floor space.
The upright stainless steel collector coil holds 4.5 liters of ice before defrosting. Collector lid, 3/4" thick, has neoprene gasket and 3" dia. port to connect drying accessories (sold separately)
Collector Temperature: -50° C, -58° F
Ice Holding Capacity: 4.5L
Vacuum Pump Displacement Required: 98 L/min or larger displacement
COLLECTOR COIL and CHAMBER MATERIAL: stainless steel (request pricing on PTFE-coated stainless steel)
Lyo-Works OS provides a real time display of collector temperature, vacuum level and optional End-Zone end point detection system, shown on a 5" full color, capacitive touch screen. Models with PTFE-coated collectors that can withstand corrosive compounds are available.
View Real-Time Sample Data
Get Consistent, High Quality Results
Make Challenging Samples Easy
REQUIRED ACCESSORIES (Not Included):
Vacuum pump with a displacement of at least 98 L/min, 0.007 mBar ultimate pressure and fitting suitable for 3/4" ID vacuum hose.
Freeze dry glassware if not bulk freeze drying.
- Upright stainless steel collector coil capable of holding 4.5 L of ice before defrosting. Collector lid, 3/4" thick, has neoprene gasket and 3" dia. port to connect drying accessories (sold separately)
- Full color, 5" capacitive touch screen with Lyo-Works OS:
Real time display of collector temperature, vacuum level and optional End-Zone end point detection
Automatic and manual start-up modes for collector cool down and vacuum pull down
Vacuum set point, alerts, diagnostic tests, user manual, defrost control and optional drying accessory control
Data logging stores and displays data in table or graph format, and may be exported via USB
Settings include language (English, Spanish, French, German, or Italian), time, temperature (° C or ° F) and vacuum (mBar, Torr or Pa)
Alerts can be emailed to user-entered addresses via Ethernet connection
Maintenance alert settings for vacuum pump and refrigeration
- Security lock out
- USB port and Ethernet connection
- End-Zone compatible (End-Zone Starter Kit sold separately)
- Hot gas defrost with auto shut off at +65° C (+149° F)
- Vacuum control valve
- Vacuum break valve
- Patented* moisture sensor
- Compact benchtop design with a small footprint
- Stainless steel and powder-coated steel exterior
- Quick-disconnect drain hose fitting with hose connector. 18", 1/4" ID silicone tubing and clamp included
- Electrical receptacle for vacuum pump connection
- 3/4" OD vacuum connection, 50" of 3/4" ID vacuum hose and two clamps
- Single 1/3 hp HCFC/CFC-free refrigeration system to cool collector to -50° C (-58° F), two 1/3 hp HCFC/CFC-free refrigeration systems to cool collector to -84° C (-119° F) or two 1/2 hp HCFC/CFC-free refrigeration systems to cool
collector to -105° C (-157° F) at 60 Hz or -102° C (-152° F) at 50 Hz. Collectors reaching -50° C include acrylic lid. Collectors reaching -84° C or -105° C include stainless steel lid
- PTFE-coated collector coil and chamber for corrosive compounds
- Region-specific electrical plug configurations
REQUEST PRICING ON OTHER MODELS, SUCH AS BENCH-TOP MODELS, -84°C MODELS, DIFFERENT VOLTAGES, OR OPTIONS SUCH AS A PURGE VALVE OR STOPPERING TRAY DRYER
The following link provides additional information from the instruction manual or manufacturer's brochure. Click to open the PDF in a new window or right-click to download it: Labconco FreeZone 4.5L Benchtop Freeze Dryer
or copy the following into your browser address window: labequip.com/stock/pictures/n1498.pdf
Made in USA.
This item ships from Kansas City, MO.