An entry level yet ergonomic and flexible reflectance spectrophotometer with customized apertures of 8mm/4mm/1 x 3mm. Touch screen technology with intuitive icons to enable user-specific settings and guide through the measurement process. An on-board camera-based locator and black and white calibration plates ensure accurate measurements and results every time. Multi language support for international use.
Intuitive On-board Icon-based Software
Easy To Follow On-board Instructions
Free OnShade PC-based Software for Graphs and Statistical Process Control
Ergonomic Design for Prolonged Use
- Suitable for Use Over Prolonged Periods: The TR 500 has been designed with ergonomic features making it easy to handle during prolonged use.
- Latest Technology Facilitates Use: Measurements are further facilitated with touch screen technology and the intuitive on-board icon-based software which guides you to customise your instrument including, but not limited to: select your language option (English, French, German, Spanish, Portuguese or Chinese); chose between right handed or left handed operation; switch light source and colour space. The on-screen interface also guides you through the process of sample measurement and data management.
- Enhanced Flexibility: Flexibility is also enhanced with the instrument's choice of customised aperture (8mm/4mm/1 x 3mm) and accessories for most applications including powders, liquids, gels, pastes, granules and solid materials.
- Repeatable, Stable Results: To ensure you can easily see what you are measuring for repeatable, stable results, the TR 500 incorporates an on-board camera-based locator.
- View Results On-Screen or On PC: As standard, the TR 500 is supplied with a free copy of OnShade software to view the results on a PC (via USB cable) and develop graphs, statistical process control, shade searching and all available Colour, Space, Colour Differences and Indices which can be shared or printed (via the optional micro printer accessory).
- Guaranteed Calibration: White and black calibration tiles are, naturally, included with the instrument. It is recommended to re-calibrate every 24 hours minimum.
- Suitable for Multiple Applications: The TR 500 reports CIE Lab, XYZ, Yxy, LCh, CIE LUV, Hunter Lab colour spaces, deltaE*L*a*b*, deltaE*C*h°, deltaE*uv, deltaE*94, deltaE*cmc(2:1), deltaE*cmc(1:1), deltaE*00, deltaE Hunter Colour Difference Formulars; and can be set to D65, A, C, D50, D55, D75, F2, F7 & F11 illuminants. In addition, the TR 500 can report a wide selection of other Colorimetric Index's: WI (ASTM E313, CIE/ISO, AATCC, Hunter), YI (ASTM D1925, ASTM 313), TI (ASTM, E313, CIE/ISO), Metamerism Index (MI), Colour stain, Colour Fastness, Colour Strength and Opacity. This data is displayed as Spectral Value/ Graph, Colorimetric Value, Colour Difference Value/ Graph, PASS/FAIL Result, Colour Offset or Samples Chromaticity values.
Colour Type: Opaque
Optical Geometry: Reflect: di: 8°, de: 8° (diffused illumination, 8 degree viewing angle)
Integrating Sphere Size: 48 mm
Spectrophotometric Mode: Concave Grating
Sensor: 256 image Element Double Array CMOS Image Sensor
Display: 3.5 inch TFT colour LCD, Capacitive Touch Screen
Spectral Interval: 10 nm
External Storage: 2000 Standards : 20000 Samples
Measurement Mode: Single Measurement, Average Measurement
Power Supply: Li-ion Battery
Battery Life Time: 5000 measurements with 8 hours
Location Method: Camera View Finder Locating
Measured Reflectance Range: 0 - 200 %
Measurement Time: 2.6 s
Measuring Aperture: Customized Aperture: 8mm/4mm & 1x3mm
Specular Component: SCI & SCE
Colour Difference Formular: deltaE*ab, deltaE*uv, deltaE*94, deltaE*cmc (2:1), deltaE*cmc (1:1), deltaE*00v, deltaE (Hunter)
Other Colorimetric Index: WI (ASTM E313, CIE/ISO, AATCC, Hunter)
YI (ASTM D1925, ASTM 313, TI (ASTM E313, CIE/ISO)
Metamerism Index MI, Staining Fastness, Colour Fastness, Colour Strength, Opacity
Displayed Data: Spectrogram/Values, Samples Chromaticity Values, Colour Difference Values/Graph, PASS/FAIL Result, Colour Offset
Inter Instrument Agreement: MAV/SCI: deltaE* <0.2
Spectral Range: 400 - 700 nm
Repeatability MAV/SCI: deltaE* =0.05
Illuminants: CIE Illuminant D65
CIE Illuminant A
CIE Illuminant C
CIE Illuminant D50
CIE Illuminant D55
CIE Illuminant D75
CIE Illuminant F1
CIE Illuminant F2
CIE Illuminant F3
CIE Illuminant F4
CIE Illuminant F5
CIE Illuminant F6
CIE Illuminant F7
CIE Illuminant F8
CIE Illuminant F9
CIE Illuminant F10
CIE Illuminant F11
CIE Illuminant F12
Illuminant Life Span: 5 years, more than 3 million measurements
Observer: 2° / 10°
Languages User Interface: English, German, French, Spanish, Portuguese, Chinese
The following link provides additional information from the instruction manual or original manufacturer's brochure. Right-click to open the PDF in a new window or download it: Lovibond TR 500 (d/8) Color Spectrophotometer