Measuring Range/Colour scales: ASBC Colour, CIE L*a b, Delta E* colour difference, EBC (European Brewing Convention), Series 52 (Brown) Scale, Spectral data, xyY chromaticity co-ordinates, XYZ Tristimulus
The PFXi series of spectrophotometric colorimeters introduces a unique concept in liquid colour control: RCMSi (Remote Calibration & Maintenance Service via internet) technology. You can benefit from the capability for remote calibration and servicing via the internet - saving the cost and time associated with servicing and guaranteeing compliance with standards.
RCMSi is the process by which a number of tightly controlled calibration liquids are measured in a 50 mm cell via the calibration function of a PFXi.
*** This is unique selling point only available on the PFXi range ***
The data is communicated via the internet to a secure server and compared to Master Data. If the data passes within tolerance, then a Certificate of Calibration is made electronically available to the user.
This allows The Tintometer Ltd to ensure a PFXi instrument is operating correctly and fully calibrated using ISO 17025 certified standards.
On-site calibration - no need to return instrument to a service centre.
Utilizes secure communication procedures.
Certificate of calibration supplied on successful completion
The customer takes control of their processes.
The PFXi range is supplied with a full range of colour scales for specific markets including, but not limited to, Petroleum, Edible Oils, Pharmaceuticals, Brewing and Honey. Users can upgrade scales remotely at any time.
Note: When dealing with materials such as fats and waxes whose temperature needs to be maintained at a constant temperature +10°C above the "Cloud Point" of the material, the PFXi-880, -950 & -995 series should be considered. These are available with an additional critical feature, an optional integrated heater unit.
Integrated RCMSi Technology for Remote Calibration
Automatic and Non-subjective Colour Measurement
Consistent Data Compliant with International Standards
Very Rugged, Chemically Resistant, Steel Construction
- Integrated RCMSi Technology for Remote Calibration: The PFXi series of spectrophotometric colorimeters introduces a unique concept in liquid colour control: RCMSi technology (Remote Calibration & Maintenance Service via internet). You can now benefit from the capability for remote calibration and servicing via the internet - eliminating any costs and time delays associated with servicing and guaranteeing compliance with standards.
- Automatic and Non-subjective Colour Measurement: The PFXi range provides absolute results. Automatic instruments communicate in clear terms, accurately and reliably with no opportunity for human error or misjudgement.
- Consistent Data Compliant with International Standards: The PFXi range automatically measures colour and displays results directly, either according to the traditional grading scales that have been wideley adopted as industry standards for colour assessment and control, or in terms of internationally recognised CIE values and spectral data.
- Very Rugged, Chemically Resistant, Steel Construction: The robust steel construction enables you to use the PFXi even in the harshest of environments.
- Easy Maintenance with Removable Sample Chamber: The instruments include a robust steel sample chamber which is easily removed so you can clean it or replace it should spillage occur.
- Extensive and Flexible Choice of Colour Scales: You can choose from a selection of over 20 different, internationally recognised scales in a variety of combinations.
- Remote Upgrade Facility: Uniquely, however, you do not need to make the choice of scales at point of purchase. The PFXi instruments are upgradeable in the field - so you can add a scale at a later date.
- Calculation and Description of "Off-Hue" Status: This is a useful facility that enables you to reveal whether the sample colour is characteristic of the selected scale. Where appropriate, it includes a description of hue difference (eg. redder, greener), relative saturation (stronger or weaker) and an off-hue factor (a relative measure of the distance away in colour space of the sample colour from the "true" colour scale).
- Supplied with Colour Control Software for Data Analysis: The software allows you to generate spectral and CIE diagrams as well as analyse spectral data. It also permits direct control of the instrument from the computer.
- Conformance Standard, Cells and Spare Bulb Included: For regular conformance checking, certified colour reference standards are also available for routine calibration and verification of test data. Conformance filters are supplied with a Certificate of Conformity - giving you the assurance of their colour values and confirmation that they were manufactured under the control of The Tintometer Ltd's ISO 9001 quality system.
- Output Conforming to GLP Including Date, Time, Sample & User ID: The adaptable software and design allow you to configure the PFXi-195 to your requirements. You can set the display language, program the instrument to only display the scales of interest and restrict access to the menu system.
- Accommodates a Wide Range of Sample Cells and Tubes: As well as standard colorimetry cells, the PFXi-195 can be used with a range of tubes and standards, flow-through and disposable spectrophotometer cells.
- Extensive range of accessories: A thermal printer, sample chamber, additional cells, replacement lamps and conformance filters represent some of the additional accessories you can obtain for the PFXi-195
Applicable Standard: ASBC, ASTM E308, EBC Analytika
Colour Type: Transparent
Display: 240 x 128, back-lit graphic display, (white on blue)
Path Length: 0.1 - 50 mm
Measuring Geometrics: 0° - 180° Transmission
Detector: blue enhanced photodiode
Internal Storage: 100,000+ Messungen
Power Supply: Universal (90 - 240 VAC), via external power supply
Measuring Principle: 9 interference filters
Measurement Time: less than 30 seconds
Spectral Range: 420 - 710 nm
Bandwidth: 10 nm
Illuminants: CIE Illuminant A
CIE Illuminant B
CIE Illuminant C
CIE Illuminant D65
Observer: 2°, 10°
Languages User Interface: English, German, French, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish, Russian, Chinese, Japanese
The following link provides additional information from the instruction manual or original manufacturer's brochure. Right-click to open the PDF in a new window or download it: Lovibond PFXi-195/4 Color Spectrophotometer