The HI5522 is an advanced research grade benchtop pH/ORP/ISE and EC/TDS/Salinity/Resistivity meter that is completely customizable with a large color LCD, capacitive touch keys, and USB port for computer connectivity.
Compact design to fit onto any lab benchtop.
Two channels for simultaneous measurements to maximize your testing time.
Great for laboratory and professional use.
The HI5522 is a two-channel meter that allows for simultaneous measure of pH, ORP, or ISE on one channel and EC, TDS, Salinity, or Resistivity on the other. Channel 1 has a BNC connection for use with the expansive line of pH, ORP, and ISE electrodes that Hanna Instruments offers. The meter is supplied with the HI1131B glass body, double junction, combination pH electrode that operates over a wide temperature range from 0 to 100°C. All readings are automatically compensated for temperature variations with the separate HI7662-T temperature probe or from the built in temperature sensor of the conductivity probe on Channel 2. The HI5522 is supplied with the HI76312 four-ring conductivity probe that operates over a wide range from 0.000 µS/cm to 1000.0 mS/cm*. The benchtop ph and conductivity meter can be set to auto-ranging in which the meter chooses the appropriate conductivity range from seven ranges or fixed range in which the meter will only display reading in µS/cm or mS/cm. All readings are automatically compensated for temperature variations with a built in temperature sensor. The temperature correction coefficient is adjustable from 0.00 to 10.00 %/°C.
As a benchtop ph meter the HI5522 can be calibrated up to five points with a choice of eight pre-programmed buffers or five custom buffers. The HI5522 features Hanna's exclusive CAL CheckÖ to alert the user of potential problems during the pH calibration process. Indicators displayed during calibration include "Electrode Dirty/Broken" and "Buffer Contaminated." The overall probe condition based on the offset and slope characteristic of the electrode is displayed as a percentage after calibration is complete.
In ISE mode the HI5522 can be calibrated up to five points with a choice of five fixed standards or five user defined in any concentration unit. The calibration data including date, time, standards used and slope can be viewed at any time along with the current measurement by selecting the Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) display option.
As an EC/TDS/Salinity/Resistivity meter the HI5522 can be calibrated up to four points with a choice of six pre-programmed conductivity standards or user defined custom standards. Resistivity, TDS, Practical Salinity (PSU) and Natural Seawater Scale are calibrated through conductivity. The % NaCl is calibrated to single point with the HI7037 salinity standard. The calibration data including date, time, and standards used, offset and cell factor can be accessed at any time along with the current measurement by selecting the Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) display option.
For the measurement of high purity water used in pharmaceutical manufacturing, the HI5522 is programmed with the three stages of the USP <645> method. Once a stage is met a report is generated and can be saved. Up to 200 reports can be stored and transferred to a Windows® compatible computer using a USB cable and software (sold separately).
Three selectable logging modes are available: automatic, manual and AutoHold logging. Up to 100,000 data points can be recorded in 100 lots with 50,000 records max/lot on each channel and exported to a computer for data review and storage.
- Highly Customizable User Interface - The user interface of the HI5522 allows the user to show measurements in various modes: basic measurement with or without GLP information, real-time graphing, and logging data. Calibration stability criteria can be adjusted from fast, moderate, and accurate. Programmable alarm limits can be set to inside or outside allowable limits.
- Color Graphic LCD - The HI5522 features a color graphic LCD with on-screen help, graphic, and custom color configurations. The display allows for real-time graphing and the use of virtual keys provide for an intuitive user interface.
- Capacitive Touch - The HI5522 features sensitive capacitive touch buttons for accurate keystrokes when navigating menus and screens. There are four dedicated keys that are used for routine operations including calibration and switching measurement modes and four virtual keys that change based upon use. The capacitive touch technology ensures the buttons never get clogged with sample residue.
- Four Ring Conductivity Probe - Conductivity readings are performed with the HI76312 four-ring conductivity probe that has a built in temperature sensor for automatic temperature correction. The four rings are made with platinum and the body of the electrode is made of Polyetherimide (PEI) plastic that is resistant to many harsh chemicals. The four-ring design allows for this probe to be used over a wide range of measurements.
- Choice of Calibration - Automatic buffer recognition, semiautomatic, and direct manual entry pH calibration options are available for calibrating up to five points, from a selection of eight standard buffers and up to five custom buffers. For the conductivity channel the calibration can be set to automatic standard recognition or user entry along with a choice of single or multi-point. Calibration can be performed up to four points when multi-point is selected.
- CAL Check - CAL CheckÖ alerts users to potential problems during the calibration of the pH electrode. Indicators include "Electrode Dirty/Broken," "Buffer Contaminated," electrode response timeand the overall probe condition as a percentage that is based on the offset and slope characteristics.
- GLP Data - HI5522 includes a GLP Feature thatallows users to view calibration data and calibration expiration information at the touch of a key. Calibration data include date, time, standards used for calibration.
- ISE Measurement with Choice of Concentration Units - The HI5522 allows for calibration and readings in choice of concentration units. The choices of concentration units include ppt, g/L, mg/mL, ppm, mg/L, µg/L, ppb, µg/L, mg/mL, M, mol/L, mmol/L, %w/v and a user-defined unit.
- ISE Measurement with Incremental Methods - The known addition, known subtraction, analyte addition, and analyte subtraction incremental methods are pre-programmed into the HI5522. Simply follow the on screen guided procedure and the meter will perform the calculation automatically allowing for a higher level of accuracy to be obtained as compared to a direct ISE measurement.
- Data Logging - Three selectable logging modes are available on the HI5522: automatic, manual, and AutoHold logging. Automatic and manual logs up to 100 lots with 50,000 records max/lot, with up to 100,000 total data points. Automatic logging features the option to save data according to sampling period and interval.
- Data Transfer - Data can be transferred to a PC with USB cable and HI92000 software (both sold separately).
- Contextual Help - Contextual help is always available through a dedicated "HELP" key. Clear tutorial messages and directions are available on-screen to quickly and easily guide users through setup and calibration. The help information displayed is relative to the setting/option being viewed.
SPECIFICATIONS (see PDF brochure for pH, EC, TDS, Resistivity, Salinity, Temperature and ISE specifications):
Cell Constant: 0.0500 to 200.00
Cell Type: 4 cells
Electrode/Probe: HI1131B glass body pH electrode with BNC connector and 1 m (3.3') cable (included); HI76312 platinum, four-ring EC/TDS probe with and 1 m (3.3') cable (included)
Temperature Probe: HI7662-T stainless steel temperature probe with 1 m (3.3') cable (included)
Profiles: up to 10, 5 each channel
USP 645 Compliant: yes
GLP: calibration data including date, time, buffers used, offset and slope for pH. Cell constant, reference temperature, temperature coefficient, calibration points, calibration time stamp, probe offset for conductivity
Logging: record 100,000 data point storage, up to 100 lots with max. 50,000 records/lot; interval: settable between 1 second and max log time of 180 minutes; type: automatic, manual, AutoHOLD; additional: 200 records USP
Input Channels: 1 pH/ORP/ISE + 1 EC/TDS/Salinity/Resistivity
Display: color graphic LCD with on-screen help, graphing, and custom color configuration
The following link provides additional information from the instruction manual or original manufacturer's brochure. Right-click to open the PDF in a new window or download it: http://www.labequip.com/stock/pictures/n1859.pdf