SFX550 Sonifier with 1/2" Horn - 550 watts, 20 kHz. The 550 model easily handles larger samples with up to 550 watts output power. Features advanced control modes including time and energy mode with energy pulsing. Industry-exclusive adaptive temperature control when paired with optional temperature probe. Includes converter, cable, and 1/2" horn.
The SFX550 is designed to bring the industry's most advanced sample-processing capabilities to your laboratory. The SFX Series brings a new level of ease, precision, and repeatability with advanced energy and temperature control modes, process monitoring capabilities, and programming features.
Sonifier SFX550 Model
- 550 watts of power at 20 kHz for high-volume processing
- Processes samples from 0.2 to 1000 mL
- Includes power supply, converter, and choice of 1/2" or 3/4" disruptor horn
- Advanced energy control mode delivers precise energy input in continuous or pulse modes.
- True temperature control manages sample temperature within user-specified limits (requires separate temperature probe).
- Control modes include time, temperature, and energy.
- Continuous or pulsed ultrasonics.
- High-efficiency, stand-mountable converter requires no internal cooling.
- Scrollable, multifunction screen with pushbuttons.
- In-process feedback displays experimental progress together with key variables such as power level, energy usage, and sample temperature.
- Microtip mode limits amplitude to 70% to extend tool life.
- Amplitude control range from 10 to 100%.
- Powerful 20 kHz ultrasonics.
- Up to 20 stored programs. Programmable parameters include continuous or pulsed ultrasonics; time, energy, or temperature control modes; pulse on-time/energy, off-time and total on-time/energy; or amplitude as a percentage.
All SFX Series Sonifiers feature a digital, intuitive interface flanked by easy-to-use pushbuttons. The screen and buttons provide one-touch access to all control parameters and modes of operation.
Advanced Control Modes. In Energy Mode, the SFX Series power supply manages the processing cycle to deliver a precise, user-determined input of ultrasonic energy (measured in joules), either continuously or pulsed. The SFX Series automatically
compensates for any variability, extending or shortening the cycle as needed to deliver the precise energy output.
True Temperature Control. (Requires separate temperature probe.) With true temperature control, the SFX Series power supply maintains the temperature of the sample to within a user-specified range, automatically adjusting the ultrasonic pulse length to
regulate the temperature rise and prevent overheating.
Sample-Processing Programs. For assured repeatability and precision on a greater scale, the SFX Series enables users to create and store up to 20 sample-processing programs. Program parameters include continuous or pulsed ultrasonics; time, energy, or
temperature control modes; pulse on-time/energy, off-time, and total on-time/energy; or amplitude as a percentage.
Process Monitoring. In operation, Sonifier SFX Series monitors ongoing processes on a scrollable, digital screen, providing continuous updates of key variables including power level, energy usage, sample temperature, and experiment progress.
Sonifier SFX Series can be equipped with a wide range of specialized tools and accessories to meet specific application requirements.
Disruptor horns: These horns are designed to process a wide variety of applications and are available in standard sizes ranging from 1/2" to 1" in diameter.
Microtips: These smaller, high-intensity tips are ideal for processing smaller samples in Eppendorf vials or similar vessels. Available in stepped or tapered designs, with sizes ranging from 1/8" to 1/4".
Cup horns: These specialized horns permit high-intensity sound to be applied to multiple samples without direct horn contact. Available in 2.0" or 3.0" diameters (3.0" for SFX550 only).
Flow-through horns: These horns offer the ability to pass a process liquid through an intense energy field within the horn itself. Dual ported horns permit the emulsification of two dissimilar liquids in controlled, continuous proportions.
Continuous flow attachment: This temperature-controlled chamber permits continuous processing of a flowing liquid through a high-intensity ultrasonic field.
Sealed atmosphere treatment chambers: These specialty horns have been developed to handle noxious or hazardous samples while isolating them from incidental contact or to contain reactants for metric evaluation.
The following link provides additional information from the instruction manual or manufacturer's brochure. Click to open the PDF in a new window or right-click to download it: Branson Sonifier SFX550 Ultrasonic Homogenizer
or copy the following into your browser address window: labequip.com/stock/pictures/n1367.pdf
Made in Mexico.
This item ships from Laredo, TX.