The Talboys Model 5000IR refrigerated incubating Orbital Shaker is designed for a variety of shaking and incubating applications such as cell cultures.
Temperature Range: 15° below ambient to 65°C
Temperature Uniformity: ±0.5°C at 37°C
Speed Range: 15 to 500rpm
Timer: 1 second to 160 hours
Orbit: 25.4mm (1")
Maximum Weight Capacity 50lbs
Audible Alarm: YES
Load Sensor: YES
Set-Point Retention: YES - Displays Last Setting
Restart / Power Out: YES
Ramp to Speed: YES
Temperature Overshoot Protection: YES
Overload Protection: YES
User Calibration (Temperature) YES
User Calibration (speed): YES
RS-232 Interface: YES
Included Tray (L x W): 18 x 18"
Tray/Platform Options (L x W): 18 x 18"
- Accu-Drive Shaking System: The exclusive Accu-Drive Shaking System delivers exceptional speed control, accuracy, and durability. The system continuously monitors shaking speed and maintains set-point, even under changing loads. When unit is set to a speed above 100rpm,
the speed accuracy is ± 1% of set speed. When set under 100rpm, speed accuracy is ± 1rpm.
- Opti-Flow Forced Ventilation System: Uses a powerful fan and air deflectors to deliver exceptional temperature uniformity and stability.
- Microprocessor control: The variable speed microprocessor control provides consistent uniform shaking action. Microprocessor will display last set-point and will restart if power is interrupted.
- Opti-Flow Forced Ventilation System: Uses twin induction fans and air deflectors to deliver exceptional temperature uniformity and stability.
- PID temperature controller: Maintains precise temperature control from 15°C below ambient to 65°C. Easy-to-use controls allow user to adjust temperature in 1°C increments.
- Triple eccentric drive: Permanently lubricated ball bearings and maintenance free, brushless DC motor provide reliable service and continuous duty operation.
- LED display: Touch pad controls with easy-to-read, independent LED displays for temperature, speed, and time allow operator to view all settings at once while. Provides repeatable and accurate results every time and is easily visible across lab benches. The timer will display elapsed time or, when programmed to user defined limit, will shut off unit when time reaches zero. Display will show last settings, even after power has been turned off.
- Temperature calibration mode: Allows user to calibrate unit to an external temperature device.
- Speed calibration mode: Allows user to automatically recalibrate speed display.
- RS-232 interface: Provides two-way communication for data logging and unit control.
- Load sensor: A built-in load sensor detects unbalanced conditions and automatically reduces rpm to a safe speed to protect samples.
- Overload protection: Audible and visual signals will activate when system detects an obstruction or overload of the tray.
- Overshoot protection: Audible and visual signals will activate if temperature deviates ±1°C from set-point.
- Speed ramping feature: Slowly increases speed to desired set-point to avoid splashing.
- Audible alarm: In timed mode, alarm will sound when the time reaches zero. Alarm has optional mute function which can be set from the touch pad control.
- Caution hot indicator: Symbol illuminates when the temperature of the air in the chamber reaches 40°C and remains lit until temperature cools down.
- Spill-resistant design: Channels fluids away from internal components.
- Polycarbonate lid: Permits viewing of samples without disturbing internal temperature. When lid is opened, automatic shut off of the circuit will stop the shaker tray to protect operator.
Operating Conditions: Units can be run in cold rooms, incubators, and CO2 environments from 15 to 32°C (59 to 90°F), maximum 80% relative humidity, non-condensing
Applications: Cell cultures, solubility studies, bacterial suspensions, and extraction procedures.
The following link provides additional information from the instruction manual or original manufacturer's brochure. Right-click to open the PDF in a new window or download it: http://www.labequip.com/stock/pictures/n1063.pdf