Measuring Range/Colour scales: CIE L* a* b, CIELAB (L*C*h), Delta E* colour difference, Delta xyY colour difference, Delta XYZ colour difference, Optical density (Absorbance), Spectral data
The PFXi series of spectrophotometric colorimeters introduces a unique concept in liquid colour control: RCMSi technology. You can benefit from the capability for remote calibration and servicing via the internet - saving the cost and time associated with servicing and guaranteeing compliance with standards.
RCMSi is the process by which a number of tightly controlled calibration liquids are measured in a 50 mm cell via the calibration function of a PFXi.
*** This is unique selling point only available on the PFXi range ***
The data is communicated via the internet to a secure server and compared to Master Data. If the data passes within tolerance, then a Certificate of Calibration is made electronically available to the user.
This allows The Tintometer Ltd to ensure a PFXi instrument is operating correctly and fully calibrated using ISO 17025 certified standards.
On-site calibration - no need to return instrument to a service centre.
Utilizes secure communication procedures.
Certificate of calibration supplied on successful completion
The customer takes control of their processes.
For Colour Measurement for Transparent Samples.
The PFXi-995 ensures high precision results from the 16 filter wavelength technology. With an extended path length capacity of up to 6" (153 mm) and an optional heater to sustain the temperature of the sample to +10°C above its "cloud point", they meet the demand for consistent and reliable colour data for a wide range of samples.
Integrated RCMSi Technology for Remote Calibration
Automatic and Non-subjective Colour Measurement
Optional Heater Keeps Samples Above The "Cloud Point"
Unique Long Path Length Chamber - Accommodates up to 6"/153mm Cells
- Integrated RCMSi Technology for Remote Calibration: The PFXi series of spectrophotometric colorimeters introduces a unique concept in liquid colour control: RCMSi technology (Remote Calibration & Maintenance Service via internet). You can now benefit from the capability for remote calibration and servicing via the internet - eliminating any costs and time delays associated with servicing and guaranteeing compliance with standards.
- 153mm (6") Sample Chamber: The long path length cell chamber enables you to measure extremely unsaturated, light samples and colour scales which are defined with long path lengths including the Lovibond® RYBN and AOCS Tintometer® colour, guaranteeing compliance with AOCS, ISO and ASTM standards.
- Optional Integrated Heater Unit: The PFXi-880, -950 & -995 series are available with an optional integrated heater unit. This is a critical feature when dealing with materials such as fats and waxes whose temperature needs to be maintained at a constant temperature +10°C above the "Cloud Point" of the material.
- 16 Wavelength Filters: Ensure high precision, accurate spectral data.
- Automatic and Non-subjective Colour Measurement: The PFXi range provides absolute results. Automatic instruments communicate in clear terms, accurately and reliably with no opportunity for human error or misjudgement.
- Consistent Data Compliant with International Standards: The PFXi range automatically measures colour and displays results directly, either according to the traditional grading scales that have been wideley adopted as industry standards for colour assessment and control, or in terms of internationally recognised CIE values and spectral data.
- Very Rugged, Chemically Resistant, Steel Construction: The robust steel construction enables you to use the PFXi even in the harshest of environments.
- Easy Maintenance with Removable Sample Chamber: The instruments include a robust steel sample chamber which is easily removed so you can clean it or replace it should spillage occur.
- Extensive and Flexible Choice of Colour Scales: You can choose from a selection of over 20 different, internationally recognised scales in a variety of combinations.
- Remote Upgrade Facility: Uniquely, however, you do not need to make the choice of scales at point of purchase. The PFXi instruments are upgradeable in the field - so you can add a scale at a later date.
- Calculation and Description of "Off-Hue" Status: This is a useful facility that enables you to reveal whether the sample colour is characteristic of the selected scale. Where appropriate, it includes a description of hue difference (eg. redder, greener), relative saturation (stronger or weaker) and an off-hue factor (a relative measure of the distance away in colour space of the sample colour from the "true" colour scale).
- Supplied with Colour Control Software for Data Analysis: The software allows you to generate spectral and CIE diagrams as well as analyse spectral data. It also permits direct control of the instrument from the computer.
- Conformance Standard, Cells and Spare Bulb Included: For regular conformance checking, certified colour reference standards are also available for routine calibration and verification of test data. Conformance filters are supplied with a Certificate of Conformity - giving you the assurance of their colour values and confirmation that they were manufactured under the control of The Tintometer Ltd's ISO 9001 quality system.
- Output Conforming to GLP Including Date, Time, Sample & User ID: The adaptable software and design allow you to configure the PFXi-195 to your requirements. You can set the display language, program the instrument to only display the scales of interest and restrict access to the menu system.
- Accommodates a Wide Range of Sample Cells and Tubes: As well as standard colorimetry cells, the PFXi-195 can be used with a range of tubes and standards, flow-through and disposable spectrophotometer cells.
- Extensive range of accessories: A thermal printer, sample chamber, additional cells, replacement lamps and conformance filters represent some of the additional accessories you can obtain for the PFXi-995
Applicable Standard: ASTM E308
Colour Type: Transparent
Display: 240 x 128, back-lit graphic display, (white on blue)
Path Length: 0.1 - 153 mm (0.004" - 6")
Measuring Geometrics: 0° - 180° Transmission
Detector: blue enhanced photodiode
Internal Storage: 100,000+ measurement
Power Supply: Universal (90 - 240 VAC), via external power supply
Measuring Principle: 16 interference filters
Measurement Time: less than 30 seconds
Sample Chamber: max 6" (153mm) cells
Spectral Range: 420 - 710 nm
Bandwidth: 10 nm
Illuminants: CIE Illuminant A
CIE Illuminant B
CIE Illuminant C
CIE Illuminant D65
Observer: 2°, 10°
Languages User Interface: English, German, French, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish, Russian, Chinese, Japanese
Title Scale Path Length Scale Range Scale Resolution Applicable Standard
CIE L* a* b 1 mm - 6" dependant on spectral locus 0.01 ASTM E308
Transmission % 1 mm - 6" 0 % - 100 % 0.1 %
Optical Density 1 mm - 6" 0 - 2.5 0.0001
CIELAB (L*C*h) L*, C*, dependant on 0.01 ASTM E308
spectral locus, 0 - 360°
Delta xyY colour 1 mm - 6" dependant on spectral locus 0.01
Delta XYZ colour 1 mm - 6" dependant on spectral locus 0.01
Delta E* colour 1 mm - 6" dependant on spectral locus 0.01
Optical density (Absorbance)
The following link provides additional information from the instruction manual or original manufacturer's brochure. Right-click to open the PDF in a new window or download it: Lovibond PFXi-880 Color Spectrophotometer