The Two-Field Comparator 2000+ is the easiest way for you to measure against the Gardner Scale and show compliance to standards. It is a useful Quality Control instrument for in-coming and out-going goods. Reliable and repeatable colour test results are key to ensuring final product quality and minimising production costs.
GARDNER COLOUR (ASTM D1544, D6166, AOCS Td 1a, MS 817 Part 10): Single number, one dimensional, colour scale for grading the colour of similarly coloured liquids
The scale ranges from a pale yellow to a red in shade and is described in terms of the values 1-18.
Used to measure colour of resins, varnishes, lacquers, drying oils, fatty acids, lecithins, sunflower oil and linseed oil.
Applications: Edible Oils and Fats Petroleum Oils and Waxes
Self-Contained Kit to Measure Gardner Colour
Fast, Economical & Portable Visual Matching
Two-Field Vision for Accurate Results
Ability to Guarantee Constant Lighting Conditions
- Enables You to Easily Measure Colour According to the Gardner Scale - All you need to do is rotate the disc to get the closest result to the scale.
- Fast, Economical & Portable Visual Matching: The Comparator 2000+ is a flexible, modular system for Visual Colour Grading. Using a suitable comparator instrument and glass disc, you can quickly visually match the sample directly against the calibrated, colour stable glass standards.
- Two-Field Vision for Accurate Results: Lovibond comparator instruments include an integrated prism which causes the sample and comparison fields to overlap, allowing enhanced colour discrimination and matching. The prism is ultrasonically sealed to prevent contamination of the optics. Each individually graded glass standard represents a discrete step on the measurement range (as opposed to a continuous graduation), aiding colour discrimination and allowing great accuracy of results.
- Ability to Guarantee Constant Lighting Conditions: An optional item for the Comparator 2000+ is the Daylight 2000 Lighting Unit. This is a standardised light source which guarantees you a constant lighting condition for accurate colour grading. This is particularly useful when the sample is very pale in colour. By using a Lovibond lighting unit, you can confident of uniform lighting conditions for colour matching, 24 hours a day and irrespective of ambient lighting.
- Extended Shelf Life: The unique feature of Lovibond® test discs is that they incorporate coloured glass standards that are colour stable and not affected by UV light or extreme environmental conditions.
The following link provides additional information from the instruction manual or original manufacturer's brochure. Right-click to open the PDF in a new window or download it: Lovibond AF334 - Gardner Color Comparator