The Protector XVS ventilation hood serves as an excellent and flexible light duty fume hood for solvent cleaning, weighing, cytology or pathology stations. The glass top and sides also make it useful in educational settings. The unit can be ducted to the outside or can be HEPA or carbon filtered back into the laboratory with a FilterMate portable exhauster.
The 3' model comes in two different heights.
22.8" H at 60 fpm, exhausts 110 CFM at .04" H20 static pressure and at 80 fpm exhausts 145 CFM at .06" H20 static pressure. This with sash at working height.
32.0" H at 60 fpm, exhausts 140 CFM at .06" H20 static pressure and at 80 fpm exhausts 185 CFM at .10" H20 static pressure. This with sash at working height.
All models come with:
- By-pass airflow design
- Deep interior of 23.4" or 30.0" depending on the model easily accommodates a variety of apparatus including large balances
- Patented Clean-Sweep air foil
- Upper containment sash foil bleeds air into the enclosure to direct concentrations of contaminants away from the operator's breathing zone.
- Upper dilution air supply introduces room air at the top of the sash to dilute concentrations in the upper chamber and bathes the back of the sash with clean air
- Patented pivoting rear baffle with zones of perforations promotes horizontal laminar airflow to maximize containment
- Side-entry air foils
- Glacier white and gray, powder-coated aluminum frame and steel rear plenum and baffle. No unreliable plastic-to-plastic bonding is used
- Tempered safety glass front sash, sides and top offer excellent visibility, ambient light and protection
- Ergonomic 20° angled and hinged, pivoting sash with wiping seal.
- Two utility ports with iris openings and plastic plugs
- Flexible exhaust options: 2" x 10" rectangular exhaust collars on the top and bottom.
REQUIRED ACCESSORIES (Not Included):
Remote blower or FilterMate Portable Exhauster(s)
Fluorescent Task Lights
Guardian Airflow Monitors
Utility Shelves, Bottle Holder and Tissue Holder
Exhaust Transition Adapters
Waste Chute Stopper
Waste Chute Bags
The following link provides additional information from the instruction manual or original manufacturer's brochure. Right-click to open the PDF in a new window or download it: Labconco Protector 4863010 XVS Ductless Fume Exhaust Hood