This 2009 micro-ball mill is ideally suited for fast, uniform, and extremely fine comminution of very small samples down to colloidal fineness of hard, medium-hard, brittle and moist samples, dry laboratory samples, solids in suspension, as well as for mixing and homogenizing emulsions and pastes. The sample is crushed by the high-energy impact of grinding balls and friction, resulting in excellent grinding performance and considerably shorter grinding times.
The comminution of the material to be ground takes place primarily through the high-energy impact of grinding balls. To achieve this, the grinding bowl, containing the material to be ground and grinding balls, rotates around its own axis on a main disk whilst rotating rapidly in the opposite direction.
At a certain speed, with this configuration, the centrifugal force causes the ground sample material and grinding balls to separate from the inner wall of the grinding bowl. The grinding balls then cross the bowl at high speed and further grind the sample material by impact against the opposite bowl wall. In addition, impact between the balls themselves on the sample material adds to the size reduction process.
Due to the enormous rotational speed of the main disk - up to 800 rpm - the PULVERISETTE 7 classic line reaches a centrifugal acceleration of up to 50 g.
- Rotational speed up to 800 rpm - precise rotational speed regulation with display of set/actual values
- Fast fine grinding of small quantities
- Small footprint
- Simultaneous processing of 2 samples
- Useful capacity up to 2 x 20 mL
- Programmable microprocessor control
- Up to 99 repetitions of the grinding cycle
- Programme-timer for grinding operation and cooling phases
- Reversing function
- Energy-save function (electricity-saving mode)
- RS232 interface for output of process data and programming cycles
- Grinding chamber completely encapsulated, but easy to open
- Cooling of the grinding chamber with a built-in fan for long grinding times
- Ergonomic IP64 membrane keyboard
- Maintenance-free drive with asynchronous motor and frequency converter
- Extensive accessories for simplifying your daily work
Working principle: impact force
Optimal for material type: hard, medium-hard, brittle, moist
Number of working stations: 2
Grinding tools: grinding bowls and grinding balls
Materials of the grinding tools: agate, sintered corundum, silicon nitride, zirconium oxide, stainless steel, hardened steel, hardmetal tungsten carbide, polypropylene
Grinding bowl sizes: 12, 45 ml
Grinding ball diameter: 0.1 - 15 mm
Max. feed size (depends on material): 5 mm
Min. sample quantity: 0.5 ml
Max. sample quantity: 40 ml
Final fineness (depends on material): < 1 µm
Typical grinding time down to analytical fineness: 3 min
Grinding process: dry/wet
Grinding in inert gas: only possible in glove box
Gas pressure and temperature measurement: no
Rotational speed of main disk: 100 - 800 rpm
Effective diameter of main disk: 140 mm
Centrifugal acceleration (g = 9.81 m/s²): 50 g
Grinding bowls and balls are not supplied and must be ordered separately. For more information on the selection of appropriate grinding bowls and grinding balls, contact your Labequip representative.
The following link provides additional information from the instruction manual or original manufacturer's brochure. Images, specifications and description refer to the item as it was when new. Right-click to open the PDF in a new window or download it: http://www.labequip.com/stock/pictures/36520.pdf